The Australian Trucking Association has announced the finalists for its 2019 National Trucking Industry Awards.
The ATA represents the 50,000 businesses and 211,500 people in the Australian trucking industry and each year recognises industry excellence through its award program.
“These prestigious awards recognise the businesses and individuals who go above and beyond to contribute to the industry and improve their workplace,” ATA Chair Geoff Crouch said.
“Each finalist in our award categories has demonstrated exceptional dedication to Australian trucking through their commitment and hard work,” he said.
This year the award judging panel, led by former ATA Chair Trevor Martyn, received an unprecedented number of nominations across the award categories.
“The number of nominations we received shows the high standard of professionalism and passion of industry members,” Mr Crouch said.
The 2019 National Trucking Industry Award finalists are:
Outstanding Contribution to the Australian Trucking Industry
- Leigh Smart, Formula Chemicals
- Ray Taylor, Taylor’s Removals and Storage
- David Smith, D & S Smith Haulage
- Chief Inspector Phillip Brooks, NSW Police Force – Traffic & Highway Patrol Command
- William Dalgleish, Cleary Bros
- Bernard Forssman, AFD / Directhaul
- Russell Lee, AFD / Bultrans / Directhaul
- Coralie Chapman, Linfox
- Roslyn Anderson, Wales Truck Repairs
- Janet Cooper, Livestock and Rural Transport Association of WA
- Australian Furniture Removers Association
- Wodonga Institute of TAFE
- Hillman’s Transport Pty Ltd, Queensland
- Nolan’s Interstate Transport, Queensland
- Single Transport Services Pty Ltd, Queensland
The award winners will be announced at Trucking Australia 2019 in Perth on 5 April at the ATA Foundation Sponsors Awards Gala Dinner.
“Trucking plays an important role in the lives of all Australians and our economy, so it’s important we recognise those who go the extra mile and inspire others,” Mr Crouch said.
“I invite all in the industry to join us in Perth as we celebrate the achievements of our finalists and reveal the well-deserved award winners,” he said.